02.01.17 rough mornings

02.01.17 rough mornings

It’s that kind of morning where everything I touch falls to the floor, where the coffee ground holder isn’t seated just right so the pot overflows and the grounds are everywhere with hot coffee dripping on my toes, where the only necklace that goes with my outfit is tangled with every single other necklace I own and a used lint roll paper is stuck to my boot as I try to make my way out the door.

Not a good start to a day that’s within a week that has already been difficult to maneuver. Unexpected news. Uncertainty’s looming. So many options that I don’t even know where to start. Or do I?

I start with God. How ridiculous is it that I almost let coffee grounds, sticky paper and a necklace get the better of me? I watched my attitude begin to go downhill fast like a well-made wooden race car with the lead weight precisely placed.

I am not a morning person to begin with and any little hiccup in the morning has the potential to set my day in motion down a dark and dreary path. I have to choose daily to adjust my attitude and focus on God first but sometimes I trip, stumble and fall over the enemy’s silly obstacles. This morning I flopped around like a dying fish in some coffee grounds and wanted to stomp my foot like a two year old.

But God. His still small voice telling me I’m better. I am more. I am victorious. I am able. I am all things in Christ because Christ is in me. How can I fail knowing that? I’m not failing. I’m making my way through life with God on my side.

My husband is a morning person and his mood is just as solid at 5 am as it is at 5 pm, unchanging. I don’t know how he does it. The grace and mercy he shows me while I adjust to waking up in the mornings is abundant. He’s such a great husband.

God is there in my hiccups. He’s there in my victories. If I seek Him first or I seek Him halfway through my fall, He’s there. If a situation is looking dreadful we are instructed to seek God first. Don’t worry about what “could”. If there is something of concern in our lives then it is of concern to God. He wants us joyful with our mind on Him at all times. That means even the situations that we may feel overwhelmed with…hand them over.  Hand them over. Let me say it one more time – hand them over!

He will make a way. His logic is not like our logic. Simple math tells us that giving 10% of our income leaves us with 90%. I dare you to try it if you never have and see how God’s logic works. It’s the complete opposite. He doesn’t just do that with our finances either. You may look at your situation and see a single outcome and you may not like that outcome. With God, ALL things are possible. That means you don’t have just a single outcome, you have ALL outcomes and when we willingly hand it over to God, we can trust and rest in peace that the outcome will be perfect and in our best interest.

 

Matthew 6:33-34 KJV

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s